At Denver Christian, our mission is to inspire and equip students of Christian families to engage the world with Christ’s transforming power and love
Denver Christian is a parent run Preschool - 12th grade school serving the students of Christian families at our Lakewood campus. Our long tradition of excellence began over 100 years ago, and today Denver Christian provides world-class whole child education to over 750 students from 520 families representing over 100 Christian churches in the Denver metro area.
Denver Christian’s commitment to world-class whole child education is evidenced by its faculty, facilities, and broad curricular and co-curricular opportunities. Denver Christian School is affiliated with both Christian Schools International and Association of Christian Schools International, which includes over 23,000 school systems in the United States and more than 100 countries worldwide. It is accredited by Cognia and the faculty are licensed by the state of Colorado. Our faculty also average 14 years teaching experience, and nearly half of them have earned advanced degrees.
Our vision is to provide an accessible world-class, whole child, Christian education where students flourish every day in every way. Our commitment is to provide world-class learning opportunities for children to develop in the following areas:
Cognitive Growth: Growth of our student’s ability to think and learn well.
Creative and Innovative Growth: Growth of our student’s ability to use their thinking to create something original or better.
Physical Growth: Growth of our student’s bodies as it relates to proper rest, nutrition, and exercise.
Social and Emotional Growth: Growth of our student’s ability to empathize with others as they grow in the management of their own emotions.
Spiritual Growth: Growth in our student’s desire to know God and His plan for their life as part of the teaching and learning process.
Personal Growth: Growth in our student’s desire to understand their own interests, abilities, and how the development of these connects to their long-term educational success.
Our Lakewood campus houses our entire preschool – 12th grade student body. Featuring technology-equipped classrooms, a STEM lab, two gyms, two libraries, multiple fine arts classrooms and rehearsal space, the Thunder Grounds coffee bar, Grateful Plate dining area, and lighted athletic fields. It provides students at all grade levels tools to learn, grow, and succeed.
1. A tradition of excellence – Denver Christian School has been partnering with Christian families in the Denver metro area to educate and challenge young people for a life of Christian service since 1916.
2. Biblically discerning – Our purpose at Denver Christian School is to inspire and equip our students to serve God and love others. DC is founded on a Christian worldview that’s woven throughout every classroom, fine arts performance, service project, and sporting event.
3. Community focused – Meaningful relationships developed within a Christian context help students mature in their faith and develop confidence to discover God’s world and their place in it. We care for each other here at Denver Christian, and cultivate a culture of belonging for all students.
4. Health and safety – Students’ health and safety is a top priority at Denver Christian. We’re committed to providing a safe learning environment that promotes every student’s physical, spiritual, social, and emotional well being.
5. Academic Continuity – Our preschool – 12th grade curriculum is strategically aligned for academic continuity and excellence, and students leave Denver Christian abundantly prepared to flourish in college and their communities.
6. Exceptional Faculty – Denver Christian’s faculty and staff are the heart of the school. They pray for and with their students, they model a commitment to living a faith-filled life, and they challenge their students to pursue knowledge and truth.
7. Academic achievement – Our rigorous curriculum equips students with knowledge and skills needed to flourish in a diverse world. Our faculty challenge students to engage the culture around them with a faith-informed worldview, and Denver Christian graduates consistently attend competitive colleges and universities.
8. Outstanding facilities – Our preschool-12th grade campus in Lakewood, on the west side of the Denver metro area, offers students a clean, safe and modern learning environment on a beautifully landscaped 20-acre campus.
9. Athletic Opportunity – 90% of our middle and high school students participate in our competitive athletic programs including basketball, volleyball, golf, baseball, football, bowling, cross-county, soccer, track, tennis, and softball.
10. Fine Arts – Denver Christian students are encouraged to pursue creative expression through music and fine arts classes as well as co-curricular clubs and performance opportunities.
Denver Christian School invites international students to join our rich learning community. International students also have the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities within the Denver Christian School system, and also participate in cultural activities and excursions in the Denver metro area. Students are expected to comply with the behavior standards listed in the Student Handbook. Students should desire a faith-based education and to grow in relationship with others. Acceptance to Denver Christian School as an international student is based upon enrollment availability, academic history, recommendations, maturity, and parental support.
We are keen to hear from Agents interested in forming partnerships to promote Denver Christian School :
Middle and High School Music
International Student Program
High School Yearbook
I'm Available Weekdays 8am-3pm
Denver Christian School
3898 S. Teller Street
Lakewood, CO 80235
School Phone: 303-733-2421
Personal Phone: 720-339-9362